King Salmon Inn is owned by the Shawback family and was previously known as the Ponderosa. They have enjoyed being a part of the Inn and community for 50 years. King Salmon Inn is situated against the panoramic wilderness backdrop of Alaska's world-famous Bristol Bay watershed. The remoteness of the area, accessible only by air, appeals to the sport-fisherman seeking the ultimate fishing adventure.
- The population of King Salmon is approximately 696.
- The approximate number of families is 228.
- The amount of land area in King Salmon is 568.09 sq. kilometers.
- The amount of surface water is 47.872 sq kilometers.
- The distance from King Salmon to Washington DC is 4073 miles. The distance to the Alaska state capital is 891 miles (as the crow flies).
- King Salmon is positioned 58.74 degrees north of the equator and 156.54 degrees west of the prime meridian.